Posted on October 18, 2008 by Stef
Remember this post. Yep, they’re baaaaack… I am in day six in my battle with the hiccups again. This time, I just wish I had the hiccups. However, there are also, what I am calling spasms, associated with them. They tighten my chest and take my breath away, and just plain scare me. In addition, there is much heartburn/reflux this time as well.
I am on meds to combat the hiccups, but like last time, they are not working well or at all. So, we just deal with them and pray they go away soon. I don’t mean to complain again, but these things are really a pain to deal with.
PS – I have been posting many updates lately, so I may get back to posting some random things. So those of you who just check this blog for journey updates, bear with me as I post some not so important items!
Filed under: Are You Kidding Me, The Journey | Tagged: Hiccups | 4 Comments »
Posted on September 15, 2008 by Stef
A quick update from my phone. We lost power last night around 6pm. Looks like we will not have it restored until Wednesday sometime. This could be an interesting few days, for sure. Wish us luck and pray for those in TX that have really been affected by Ike.
Filed under: Are You Kidding Me | Tagged: Hurricane Ike | 2 Comments »
Posted on September 3, 2008 by Stef
Yep, my buddy, Aaron, over at Arms Wide Open is a S.L.O.B.
Check out what I mean by clicking here.
Filed under: Aaron Conrad, Are You Kidding Me, Blogs, Friends | Tagged: Mercy Me | 1 Comment »
Posted on August 26, 2008 by Stef
I guess the story behind this video is that someone found a glitch in Tiger Woods 2008 by EA sports. The glitch in the game is that you can hit a golf shot off of water. Tiger sets the record straight.
Filed under: Are You Kidding Me, Funny, Golf, Video, Video games, YouTube | Tagged: EA Sports, Tiger Woods | 1 Comment »
Posted on August 18, 2008 by Stef
Unbelievable!! What a day. The weather was perfect, we had over 100 golfers, and I made it through the entire day!!!
When I pulled into the course and saw everyone there that was supporting me, I was just overwhelmed! I had friends from college there, co-workers, and friends from church. I had not seen some of these friends in years.
I parked myself on a par 3 and watched the groups tee off. When they got to the green, I helped them putt. It was a great time. After the round, we had a great lunch. I had the opportunity to speak and share my story and thank everyone for coming. We finished up with a raffle give away that had some great prizes.
What a day. I was thankful for the support and I am sure everyone had a great time. I would like to thank my great friend, Jim, who really pulled this day together. Thanks, Jim!!!!
REFUSE TO LOSE!!
Filed under: Are You Kidding Me, Friends, Fun, Golf, I Refuse To Lose, Thanks, The Journey | 4 Comments »
Posted on August 14, 2008 by Stef
From the are you kidding me files. Guess who I just got off the phone with. Yep, Jim Tressel himself, head coach of THE Ohio State Buckeye football team!! Can you believe it? He is in the middle of two-a-days, getting his number 3 ranked team ready for the season, and he takes time out of his day to call me, of all people.
He found out about me through a good friend of his and he just called my house to talk to me. He just wanted to let me know that he and the Buckeye football team are behind me in my fight against cancer! Just nuts!
Yep that made my day!
Filed under: Are You Kidding Me, Buckeyes, College Football, I Refuse To Lose, Uncategorized | Tagged: Ohio State Buckeyes | 21 Comments »
Posted on June 10, 2008 by Stef
I was thinking about some things upon our return. Here are some things I learned or observed over vacation.
1. Your feet are attached to your body. Please remember to put suntan lotion on them, or they will burn and burn very badly.
2. To my surprise, I have been wrong all these years. It is not called a grilled cheese sandwich. It is called a girl cheese sandwich. I also found out that my little girl will only eat girl cheese sandwiches. She hates boy cheese sandwiches.
3. Do not let your child EVER order Superman ice cream. They will not like it and you will end up eating a $3 scoop of ice cream that you will not like either. Sorry, Jason.
4. Ok, I am getting on a soapbox. Smokers, the world is not your ashtray. Especially the ocean. Please do not smoke in the ocean and then flick your cigarette butt into the ocean or on the beach. Not cool at all.
5. The Cafe on the Beach, at Manatee County Beach, hands down, has the best corn dogs I have ever had. I miss eating them already.
6. If you are from a foreign country, say Sweden, we have clothing etiquette on the beach. It is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE to let your 8 year old little girl run around without her top on. They may be acceptable in your country, but not in ours. When in America, follow our lead, please!!
These are just a few of the things I thought of. I may post a few more later. Can’t let them all out of the bag, yet.
Filed under: Are You Kidding Me, Random, Vacation | 2 Comments »